On Friday, October 6th, First Fridays in the Richmond Arts District is back to celebrate the Richmond Arts District with happy hour specials, store and sidewalk sales, vendor markets, opening exhibits, live performances, community celebrations & more throughout the Arts District’s galleries, restaurants, and shops.
RVA Fashion Week’s First Fridays Cultural Arts Experience
DECO at CNB (219 E. Broad Street) / $15-25
It wouldn’t be a First Friday without fashion, art, vendors, and shopping!
RVAFW is filling the landmark Deco building’s vibrant space with an exclusive fashion showcase featuring styles by MOXEY, DIMEZ, ETERNAL STYLE and NIQUELLE that you don’t want to miss! This collaboration between fashion designers, small businesses, prominent artists, and RVA Fashion Week will be a night to remember.
Carnival of 5 Fires at Gallery5 / Starts at 5PM / FREE
Gallery5 / 5PM-12AM / FREE (with suggested donation)
Follow the fire to Gallery5 this Friday for a group art show, burlesque variety show, food trucks, vendors, live music, and mesmerizing fire performances by PLF. Live music begins at 6PM and follows this schedule of events: Dead Possums (6PM), Rumble Trio (7PM), Brass Queens (9PM), Sweet Potatoes (10PM)
SWITCH Pop-up Bar / 8PM / $13
In collaboration with SinnerG and Sinisteria Haunted House, comes a horror pop-up bar experience featuring the scariest live entertainment in Richmond and haunted craft cocktails at SWITCH, Richmond’s only rotating, themed bar.
- Salebration and Closing Receptions featuring live music, live painting & more at Anne’s Visual Art Studio & Gallery / 6-9PM / FREE
- This, That, and The Other at Black Iris Gallery / Opens at 5PM (Artist Talk and Performances at 7PM) / FREE
- Geologic exhibit at 1708 Gallery / Open until 9PM / FREE
- Shawn Bush: Angle of Draw and Altered Group Show at Candela Books + Gallery / 5-8:30PM / FREE
- SECAC Student Art Showcase at Hanbury / 5-8PM / FREE
- An Underground, Queer Art Gallery at Body Politic Hair Studios / Doors at 6:30PM / FREE
- Live Painting, Rare Art & Exclusive Prints by Chris Visions at Charged Up Flagship Store / 5-8PM / FREE
- Street Photography in Kyiv, Ukraine by Gleb Lobanov at The Brickhouse / FREE
- Open Studio at Antennae Gallery / 6-11PM / FREE
- Temple at Circle Thrift & Art Space / Open late / FREE
- Lengua Twister & Live Music at Art 180 / 5-8PM / FREE
- Against the World Plantation by Shiva Addanki at Solitary Confinement / 6-9PM / FREE
- Morgan Bassichis & Friends: an evening of comedy, music, and burlesque at the ICA at VCU / 6-9PM / FREE
- Live Music by Ganard Bizarre at Metro Sound & Music Co. / 6-8PM / FREE
- Live Music on the steps at 101 E. Franklin Street (steps of the Main Library) / Starts at 6:30PM / FREE
- Fall Edition Jamborazo at Abner Clay Park / 6-9PM / FREE
Markets & More!
- RVA Moon Market (outside of Gallery5) / 5-10PM / FREE
- Solo Exhibit by Rob Sheley and Titty Bats Pop-up at Vinyl Conflict / 5-8PM / FREE
- The Afro Funk Wear Collection Release & Open Cultural Center at Elegba Folklore Society / Open late / FREE
- First Friday with MOB at Storefront for Community Design / 5-7PM / FREE
- Dance Candy Happy Hour at Vagabond / 5:30-8:30PM / $10 (includes Soul Food Buffet)
- Spooky Season: Felt Catnip Toys DIY Workshop at Dog House Cat / 7-9PM / FREE
- Live Music at 5th & Main / Open until 9PM / FREE
- New Fall Arrivals at entheos / Open until 9PM / FREE
Public Transportation for First Fridays:
- The GRTC Pulse and public transit are FREE. Plan your route, find bus schedules and pick your stop here.
Parking Lots and Decks for First Fridays:
$5 Parking Courtesy of RPAA:
Enjoy a discounted parking rate of $5 courtesy of Richmond Performing Arts Alliance (RPAA) at their parking lot located behind the Dominion Energy Center on Broad Street between 6th & 7th Streets (only an 8 minute walk from most First Fridays events). Only $5 during First Fridays! Use code: RVAFF10 at the kiosks.
107 N. 2nd Street: $3.50 for 2 hours
5th & Marshall Street Parking Deck: $5/hour
429 E. Broad Street: $5/hour
CityParking Inc. Locations:
2nd & Marshall Lot (Lot 200) at 401 N. 2nd Street: $2.75
Adams & Grace (Lot 3) at 18 W. Grace Street: $4 for 2 hours
Grace & Madison (Lot 217) at 217 W. Grace Street: $4.25 (1 hour) to $7.75 (4 hours)
On-Street Parking for First Fridays:
Free 2-hour parking can be found along Broad, Grace, Franklin, Marshall and Clay Streets from Belvidere to 5th Streets (don’t forget to check the side streets).
- North Second Street between East Broad and East Leigh Streets
- East Marshall Street between North 1st and North 3rd Streets
- East Clay Street between North 1st and North 3rd Streets