On Friday, September 1st, First Fridays in the Arts District is back to celebrate the Richmond Arts District with happy hour specials, store and sidewalk sales, vendor markets, opening exhibits, live performances, community celebrations & more throughout the Arts District’s galleries, restaurants, and shops.
Here are just a few events happening this Friday, September 1st:
- Arise: Narrative Portraits by Emily Louise Shields at Hanbury / 5-8:30PM / FREE
- Sustainable Richmond 2 at Gallery5 / 5-11PM / FREE
- First Friday Happy Hour with Candela Gallery at Common House / 4:30-6PM
- Geologic exhibit at 1708 Gallery / Open until 9PM / FREE
- SALE! Local Art & Live Music at Anne’s Visual Art Studio Gallery / 6-9PM / FREE
- Rapid Eyes Not Fine Art Solo Show at Black Iris / FREE
- Shawn Bush: Angle of Draw and Altered Group Show opening reception at Candela Books + Gallery / 5-8:30PM / FREE
- Open Cultural Center at Elegba Folklore Society / Open late / FREE
- Matchulat at Metro Sound & Music Co. / Starts at 6PM / FREE
- Dance Candy Happy Hour at Vagabond / 5:30-8:30PM
- Freedom Friday at the Black History Museum of Virginia featuring 2 jazz sets / 5-8PM / FREE
- Live musical performance by Mack Ben Widdit at 101 E. Franklin Street (steps of the Main Library) / 6-9PM / FREE
- Gather & Hum Along: Jason Jenkin’s Trio at Gather & Hem Bar / 7-10PM
Markets & More!
- RVA Moon Market outside of Gallery5 / 5-10PM / FREE
- First Friday Super Sampler at Coalition Theater / Starting at 7:30PM / Pay What You Can
- Broad Street Night Market at 318 & 322 W. Broad Street / 6-10PM / FREE
- Labor Day Sale at Capitol Vintage / 6-9PM / FREE
- First Friday Sidewalk Sale & Labor Day Weekend Sale at Verdalina / Open until 8PM
- FIELD and Hechizo at FIELD / 5-8PM / FREE
Make sure to check out Manchester Manifest in Southside happening 5PM-12AM!
Public Transportation for First Fridays:
- The GRTC Pulse and public transit are FREE. Plan your route, find bus schedules and pick your stop here.
Parking Lots and Decks for First Fridays:
Parking Courtesy of RPAA:
Enjoy a discounted parking rate courtesy of Richmond Performing Arts Alliance (RPAA) at their parking lot located behind the Dominion Energy Center on Broad Street between 6th & 7th Streets (only an 8 minute walk from most First Fridays events). Only $5 during First Fridays! Use code: RVAFF09 at the kiosks.
107 N. 2nd Street: $3.50 (2 hours)
5th & Marshall Street Parking Deck: $5/hour
429 E. Broad Street: $5/hour
CityParking Inc. Locations:
2nd & Marshall Lot (Lot 200) at 401 N. 2nd Street: $4.25 (2 hours)
Adams & Grace (Lot 3) at 18 W. Grace Street: $4 (2 hours)
Grace & Madison (Lot 217) at 217 W. Grace Street: $4.25 (1 hour) to $7.75 (4 hours)
On-Street Parking for First Fridays:
Free 2-hour parking can be found along Broad, Grace, Franklin, Marshall and Clay Streets from Belvidere to 5th Streets (don’t forget to check the side streets).